OH YEA!

OH YEA!
Ride it like you Stole it!!

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Why do I want to leave...

Don't get me wrong, I love the beach weather and driving on the beach cause it is sooo much easier to load and unload my truck when it it right there on the sand. But I HATE the heat. It gets tooo hot to do anything outside that is not water related so my son never wants to go oout unless it's to the beach or Daytona Lagoon or Acquatica in Orlando. And don't even get me started on trying to camp with the cub scouts in 110 degree heat with no wind or water....not a pretty picture when I'm all sweaty..lol I want to go back up to Jersey because I still have all my friends up there even after 15 years of being down here. They are my extended family and it is ALWAYS good when I go up there to visit. Also the school system down here really really stinks!! I know from personal experiance because I moved down here my freshman year of high school and I see the lack of caring and education with my son as he is attending school here. It just really doesn't feel like home here and it never really has...besides it's time to move on...I love the snow..lol sorry to all who have been snowed in..

And yes that is a REAL Budweiser motercycle but he is not allowed to ride it yet but he does have a dirt bike that he is pretty good at riding.

www.fantasycandles.scent-team.com

1 comment:

  1. Well, I do not mind the heat and all my children are out of school, but my two granddaughters attend public school here, so I know very well what you are talking about regarding the schools! I watched my 15 year old granddaughter as she progressed from riding the bus across town to her elementary academy which had great teachers and a diverse student community back to middle school and high school in her neighborhood. This school has an A+ rating and a performing arts curriculum, so she lucked out. However, I see it still as academically weak and full of "crackers." I know that is a stereotype and I cannot believe I just said it, but it is true. She has been through some weird friendships, but now that she is almost a sophomore, she is finding the true friends.
    So, anyhow, I love the Florida weather, but miss good live music and a sense of community. I have found good friends here in 9 years time, but it was not easy. I am not a golfer or real estate investor or Republican. :-)

    ReplyDelete